Thursday, October 21, 2021

Got it Done

 I finally got it done. I got my left knee replaced. It's not the most fun I've ever had, but it had to be done.

Right after surgery I was freezing. The last thing I remembered was, it was 7:30 am, the next thing it was 10:00am and my leg hurt. They had me up and walking on it by 10:20 with the aid of a walker. Then, off to rehab for 7 days. I had physical therapy twice a day. 15 minutes on a bike, then worked on steps going up with the good leg then go down with the bad leg.

The view after we took the leg wrap off.


After a visit to the doctors office a week later. He released me to go home that day. Rehab was fun, but not that much fun. Glad to be home. Big zipper!

Katie was glad her lap buddy was back home. That's enough about me. 

Peggy planted some Tomato plants. We will keep you posted on the progress. Week 1.

Today, physical therapy is coming to our lot. We'll see how that goes.


BGE Picture of the Blog.

Pizza on the BGE


Live Happy and Always Go Big.
 
  

5 comments:

  1. Glad your home! PT at home, that's great! How is Nurse Ratchet holding up? 😁 We will come visit soon. Koby misses Katie! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dan! Glad all went well. I have the same experience scheduled for Nov. 8. Wish it were behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you are well. Take care and do not over do it. The best for you moving forward and don't over work Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everything went well. Praying for a speedy recovery. You have a good nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paula. I have a great nurse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.