Monday, June 28, 2021

Alway something to fix.

We are at Premier RV Park in Redding, California. We have a nice pull thru site. But it's hot here. Yesterday was 109. The average temp is 91, so it's a little higher than normal.

We did get a set of front tires just before we left Sparks.

The grass on the hill behind us is a quite dry. This whole state could go up in flames anytime.

We drove thru some places that burned last year.

But it's still pretty. Some SNOW for our snow lovers back home.

To stay cool we went to a place we've been to before. Shameless O'Leery's Irish Pub. I had the Mac 'n Cheese. It was really good. Peggy had the Stew and she loved it.

Good draft beer selection, but Peggy wanted a Smithwicks and they didn't have it. It was the first time they were out in 5 years, the bartender told us.  

At O'Leery's they like to use the shot ski for Irish whiskey shots. 

Ok, this is a funny story. There's always something to fix on the RV. First thing was the front burner on the stove. I ordered the parts online and that went well. Check that off. Then I had to replace the light switch in the bathroom. That went well. So check that off. Then my luck ran out. The furnace was a little more fun. I thought it was the control board. So I took it to a RV parts store and I watched him test it. It tested good. So he sold me the motor for $140. Peggy and I worked on it for 2 hours. It wasn't easy. After we got done it STILL didn't work! So I found a blown fuse replaced it and it STILL didn't work. So I took the board out again and looked at it really close and found the real problem! A little burn spot on the back of the board!

That was not good. I got my soldering iron out and fixed it. It was on the relay that starts the motor.

The motor is way inside and really hard to change out. So $140, one bloody hand injury, two hours of my time and a 5 minute solder job and it WORKS! Check that off. So, do not trust the RV parts guy again!

Before we left Reno, we went to a Diner, Drive in and Dives Place as seen on TV. Noble Pie. It was good but $50 for one pizza and two Beers was a little high. I guess after you're on TV you can charge as much as you want and they will still come.

I am not sure, but I think Katie likes to travel.

BGE Picture of the Blog.

Pumpkin pie. On the BGE.
 

Live Happy and Always Go Big.
  


   

6 comments:

  1. Hey guys!! When I hear Redding I think hot!!! More humidity makes it worse I think. Did you ever find your new tires ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get new tires. Good to hear from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time we were in California, everything was so dry. It was almost depressing how many trees were lost. So you repaired a circuit board; I am impressed. I'm afraid that repair would have cost me a lot more than it cost you. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should be able to fix a board. I am an electrician and engineer. It was easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the update. It's hot in the PNW. Heading for the coast next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping at seven feathers next, Then the coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.