Wednesday, June 23, 2021

On the move

 We have moved twice already. We stopped in Boulder City, NV. But it was so hot. It was 113. The park had low voltage and only one air conditioner would run! I cannot figure that out, we were 5 miles from one of the BIGGEST power plants in the U.S. Hoover Dam! So we left a day early and drove 340 miles to Hawthorne, NV. It was still 99 here. But the park had good power. We could run all our air conditioners.

                        Katie said it's too hot here. Lets go!

Hawthorne is the home of the ordinance Army base. They build all the bombs and missiles here.

They had a nice museum here. We took a good tour of it.

They have had some accidents here and some people have died working. 

Oh, I'm a little behind on the blog. We've moved again! We are in Sparks Marina RV Park. We like this park. It's nice and clean. The staff is out and blowing the lots clean everyday.
It's a lot cooler here, only in the high 80's. 

We're trying to get new front tires on the truck. But it's been hard to get them. One place, 30 miles away, said they will have them tomorrow so just come in at 2:00. So I drove 30 miles one way and of course they didn't get them in. Someone at the warehouse screwed up! So I called all around here and no dealer can get them this week. What a pain in the butt. Oh, and on the way I lost a hub cap. That will be a pain in the butt too!
Oh and one lug nut cover too.
Another fun thing is going to be, fixing our furnace. It stopped working in Lakeside. I think it's the control board. I'm going to try to get one at the RV dealer here in Sparks. Wish me good luck with that.


I did some self maintenance in Lakeside.
I had a colonoscopy. Everything was good. I'm on the 5 year plan!


Throw Back Picture of the Blog.
Yours truly, back in high school. 
 

BGE Picture of the Blog.
Terry using the JoeTisserie to cook a giant Prime Rib. I bet that was good. 
   
Live Happy and Always Go Big. 
 
    No one must be reading the blog. I don't get any comments!
  

7 comments:

  1. Oh, plenty of people read it Dan. They're just lazy like me and don't take the time to comment. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I'm glad to hear you're doing the colonoscopy thing. I'm convinced it saved my life about 25 years ago. I even wrote a post about it. Sorry about your troubles in parks and with the tires and covers. I've had the same problem, and those things aren't cheap--especially for the big rear ones for the duals. Sorry for being lazy, but it's not my fault. Retirement made me that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mike😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry. We watch your blog regularly and get upset when you don't keep us up with your activities. Only regret we have is we aren't traveling with you. The very best to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Unknown 💗😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping us updated. Katie and Dan look very comfortable in there beds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog whenever you do an update. Glad you found some cool weather! Good luck getting parts and service. Doug and Michelle from Kingman, Az

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read it all the time but don't know how to comment. Your baby sister Patty Hyde

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.