Thursday, April 13, 2017

Cowboy Capital of the World

We've moved to the Cowboy Capital of the World, Bandera, Texas. We're at the Pioneer River RV Resort. It's a park that's close to downtown Bandera. We can walk to all the Bars, Restaurants and shops in town. We had lunch the first day at the Chicken Coop Bar. We both got the Chicken Burger and it was good. On Wednesday night we went to the 11th Street Cowboy Bar for a steak cookout. You bring your own steak and they supply all the seasonings and sides for $7.00. We had to get there early to get a good seat. It did fill up. They had a band playing and a big dance floor.
   My steak was killer good. Peggy had a pork chop and it looked good.  
We had a really good time.
They had 3 big grills going.
Just standing around the grill I met Dave, and he had this home made, rough iron "Texas Tooth Pick" Flipper. I tried to buy it from him but he wouldn't sell it to me, but I gave him my card and he might send me one. That would be really cool if he did.
When you are in Texas you have to have a Cowboy Hat. I got a new one. It's a "Charlie 1 Horse". He makes all of Richard Petty's hats.
They put up this giant skull just outside our park. We love this little cowboy town; it's just fun here.
Only in Texas will you see dogs riding on flatbeds.
You can rent a Caboose to stay in here at the park.

Throw-Back Picture of the Blog.
Peggy and I in a Grand Canyon shuttle bus.


Live Happy and Always Go Big.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.