Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Just waiting

We are just sitting and waiting for the parts to get here to fix our main slide. The parts were supposed be here yesterday, but I called today and they said the weather was the hold up. 
So in the mean time we've had to tour the area restaurants and bars. 

  We found a good place, The Flying Basset Brewery. The beer and pretzel were real good. I had a tasty Cream Ale.
Then we had to try The Beer Research Institute. The beer was not that good, but I got a free 16oz beer koozie. So I kind of liked it.
Then on to The Perch Brewery. This was a real interesting place. They had about 50 rescued birds in the court yard. The beer was good and the nachos were pretty good too.
 A lot of pretty birds. 
Cool place.
We got 2 inches of rain one night. We must be in the low end of the park. The flash flood was about a foot deep and flooded the dog park.
It took about two hours to go down.
Katie was having fun in the water.
We saw The West Alley Barbecue and Smokehouse on Man, Fire, Food on Food Network. So we had to go find it. I got Brisket and Sausage plate.
   Peggy got the biggest baked potato that I've ever seen. She'll be making a couple of meals out of the leftovers. Covered with smoked Brisket and all the fixings.
  We talked to the Pit Master, Jim Dandy. He had lots of BBQ tips to tell me. All top secret of course.
He showed me the Pit that he designed himself. He was from Jackson, Mississippi. That's just down the road from Horn Lake, where our most favorite barbecue place is, Memphis Barbecue Company.
So, as we sit and wait I fixed another drawer in the RV. One thing at a time as we rebuild this rolling home. Still got some more to do. But we saw a handy tool on YouTube that will make this job a lot easier next time. So when we get home (Yuma) I will order that tool. I love tools.

BGE Picture of the Blog

 Some good looking chicken kabobs.

Live Happy and Always Go Big.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.