Friday, January 10, 2020

BGE-Journeys History

It all started way back in 1993 when I saw the Big Green Egg at The Outdoor Cooking Store in Rockport, MI. They had two Eggs cooking ribs and chicken wings on their porch. So I saved my pennies and drove over to Rockport and bought two mediums. One for me and one for my buddy, Bill B. I built a table for it and loved it. But a couple of years later I had to upgrade to a Large Egg. I sold my medium to my brother Terry. Then I built another table for the large and added wheels to the table.
Then we got a new RV that was a toy hauler, so I had to get another egg to travel with. I got a great deal on a small egg. I built another table with wheels on it and that's when the journey started.
This was our yard with the large and the small BGE's.
Sometimes it was a challenge to cook on, but it was still fun.
 This is why we're not still in Michigan. Not a good cooking day.
I like cooking days like this.
The BGE and motorcycle in our first toy hauler RV.

Then the next BGE I bought was a large with a table I built for my daughter, Heidi's wedding present. 
Heidi with her BGE.
Then in 2014 I retired and gave my small to my son, Danny.
Danny, with the small loaded up ready to go to a new and loving home.
We sold our house and all our stuff. We loaded our BGE in the back of our new RV and hit the road on October 28, 2014.
 BGE in the new RV.
The BGE in the first winter in Texas.
We've traveled all over the USA with our BGE and always get comments about it wherever we go.
In 2018 we went to our third Eggtoberfest. We met up with our family there. We bought two of the demo eggs.
  I kept one and Heidi took one home for their cabin up north. I gave my old large to Danny. 
So, for me, that's a total of five eggs I've bought. 
DR. BBQ and me at 2018 Eggtoberfest.
This year we already have our reservation at Stone Mountain State park for Eggtoberfest 2020! 

Now my sister, Patty and Joe have a large and a Mini Max; brother, Terry and Kathy have two larges; son, Danny has a small and a large; daughter, Heidi and Matt have a large and an Xlarge. I'm the only one that has one BGE.
  We're getting old so we use a small winch to pull the BGE up into the RV.
Terry with his BGE's.
Joe with a pile of pork on his BGE. Nice pile.
My buddy, Bill S. with his BGE in Alaska.
Buddy, Bill B. with his medium. 
That was one of the first BGE we got together back in 1994.
 Buddy, Dennis H. with his large BGE.
Peggy and I in Newport, Oregon. On the 4th of July.
Travel sign.
And now we have The BGE RV Resort (;-).
So the Journey continues! 
We're having fun traveling, meeting people and introducing them to BGE.
Stay tuned to see where we go with our BGE next.

Live Happy and Always Go Big. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.