Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I am Back

I made a big trip to Kansas City and came back with a new truck.
It was a long trip with SNOW and ICE on the road. I never want to see ice and snow ever again! From here to the dealership it was 1000 miles. Peggy stayed here and I went alone. I would drive for 500 miles at a time. So it took 4 days for the round trip. 
 I need to add some things to the truck like a air ride hitch in the bed.
Here is the command center. It has a killer stereo in it and in the back seat there is a TV with a DVD player with 3 sets of  headphone to watch the TV. It has a CB radio. The motor is a caterpillar C7, 6 cylinder, 300 HP, 6 speed Allison transmission. That is the Transmission that when I worked at Wilson Machine we built the assembly line for. It has air ride seats. I filled the truck up just north of Dallas, when I got here it still had more then a 1/2 tank left. There are two 50 gallon tanks on it. So I think it gets about 12 miles a gallon. Texas is truly a big state, it took more then a day to get out of it. I traveled thru Oklahoma then in to Missouri and up to Kansas City. 
Here I am at the dealership. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Keep them coming.